Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I lied about my new year's resolutions

Okay, I think just about everybody in the whole US of A makes that same resolution every year.  To lose weight.  I know, I know, I said it wasn't on my list this year.  My goals were all about reading and writing.  I..uh...lied.  Ugh.  Lose weight is totally on my list.
So in that spirit.  Here's a new years resolution review of a diet book.
Blurgh.
The 10/60 Diet: How to lose 10% of your body weight in 60 days.
Title: The 10/60 Diet: How to lose 10% of your body weight in 60 days.
Author: Phil Torcivia
Genre: Self-help, Diet books
Publisher:  Self-Pubbed
Pages: Approx 16

Review:
Well, this is another low-carb diet book.  'Nuff said.
However, for being a self-pubbed non fiction book, this was actually well written, well layed out and read more like a self help book written for standard publication. I did like that he had a few testimonials at the end too.  They even sounded like they might actually be real people.
So I say well done to Phil.  Even if I've read or heard or even known these tips and tricks before they are presented in a very easy to read and follow format.  This is a great beginner's guide to low carb dieting.

Just for fun:  The first line of the book.
"I finally found a diet that works."

My recommendations:
Well, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.
I won't be searching anymore non fiction titles out from this dude.
But according to his author page he has several other books (all with wine bottles on the cover) that I might just take a look at given that this book was well written and well formatted.
I give this book 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment