Wednesday, April 11, 2012

B-r-a-i-n-s #FreeEbooks for zombie fic fans

I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe something to do with the upcoming apocolypse. There are a super extra a lot of paranormal books available for free right now. Yesterday I did Vampires. Today I'm going for Zombies, 'cuz I like 'em. Maybe tomorrow will be werewolves or angels or ghosts.

We're just on the upslope of the zombie trend. How do I know? Well, have you read the Twilight for Zombies yet?  Nope, me neither.  It's still coming. (I hope)

Don't get me wrong, Zombies have been popular for years. I mean, hello Romero.  This craze has been going strong in movies since the sixties, but not as much in popular fiction.  Although one of my all time favorite books is World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie Wars by Maz Brooks. (They're making it into a movie)
Now, I don't read a whole lot of horror. (It scares me) but I do read more than my fair share of Romance. And so far there aren't a ton of Zombie Romance novels.
God, I can't wait until they are taking over our brains.  B-r-a-i-n-s.

Hollowland (The Hollows, #1)None of the books I'm sharing today are real romances. I'm expanding my mind. (Plus some of them looked humorous)

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking is getting rave reviews. A YA dystopian zombie tale with a kick-ass heroine. I'm in.




How to Train Your ZombieHow to Train your Zombie by Catherine Winchester. I once saw a strange zombie movie where a family has a zombie as sort of a pet, and later the mother comes to like the zombie better than her husband. I can't remember the name of the movie, but I liked it, and this looks along the same line.  The heroine's husband gets bit and she uses her dog training skills to get him in line. Sounds cool. I one-clicked it.
Zombies Eat Lawyers



Zombies Eat Lawyers by Kevin Micheal & Lacy Maran. Awesome, right? Need I say more?



The Super Undead
The Super Undead by Jeremy Bryan. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-HA. Hee hee. Ahem.

Chivalry is Dead



Chivalry is Dead: An All Male Zombie Anthology. A response to Hell Hath No Fury:An All Female Zombie Anthology. I'm a little bit sad I missed out on that one. It is still free for Amazon Prime members.  Or you can get this one  for free today. You're choice.



JailbreakJailbreak by Steven W Booth & Henry Shannon
A Sheriff Penny Miller short story from The Hungry. Watch out, I've heard this will make you want to buy the book it's taken from.


LZR-1143: Perspectives





LZR-1143: Perspectives by Bryan James.  This one if for serious lovers of the genre. It's like a for real zombie book and stuff.




Let me know in the comments section if you download any of these books and I'll tweet out some reader/author love.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment